Latest update: September 2019
Adecco Group AG, Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland (“Adecco”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal data we collect from you and how we process your personal data.
You represent and warrant that you are of legal age.
There is an index below, so you can go straight to the bits you want if you prefer.
- We will collect information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys and contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access. This information, for example, will make your visit to the Website easier in the future since we might suggest content depending on the location you access the Website from.
- We will collect any information you provide to us when you use our contact forms (for example for registration purpose). The provision of your personal information via our contact forms is not a statutory or contractual requirement, however, please notice that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields; we need this information to comply with or to respond to your request. Other information or personal data you share with us is in your sole discretion. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Throughout the event, we may record videos, make pictures, and collect quotes of you. Adecco will use such material and information and can share it with the public by using traditional media (for example this Website) and social media to promote these activities and make publicity of the particular event. Any use by Adecco or third party will only be in a proper and adequate manner and will not be in a manner that may cause damage to your image or reputation.
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing via e-mail when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any time
- When you use our online services, we also store cookies as set out in more detail in our Cookies Policy.
Your personal information (“your data”) will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your registration process for the event described in the Website (Global Talent Competitiveness Index).
- To help us create, publish, and improve the Content that is most relevant to you.
- To use the information for direct marketing via e-mail, upcoming events or newsletters, when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. Anyway, you may at any time opt-out of receiving future marketing communication.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, if any and when you choose to do so.
- To respond to your request or questions when you are contacting us. We will provide you the relevant information by email. Telephone and/or mail can be an option, but it is in our sole discretion to choose the communication system.
- To best tailor content and resources according to your preferences.
- To ensure that the content provided through the Website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
Our use of your information as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because it is:
- Necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out in this Website (raise awareness about the annual Global Talent Competitiveness Index study, share learning and best practices regarding talent competitiveness as experience by top performing countries and organizations, to promote the GTCI annual launch event and allow stakeholders to join it, get access to the index and associated material and follow the event on line), and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests; or
- In some cases, necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or
- In some cases, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and, when we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing. exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain; or
- In limited circumstances, processed with your consent which we obtain from you from time to time, such as when you opt-in to receive marketing communications and news via email. See further information about B2B Communications in “Marketing communications” section below.
We do not make any solely automated decisions including those based on profiling, that have a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
We will keep your information for the longer of the period required in order to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities. Typically, this is for 2 years.
We will only send marketing communications to you, as an individual, if you have consented to us doing so.
To receive marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data.
B2B Communications. If you represent our prospect, partner or customer, either prior to entering into an agreement with Adecco or during a business relationship between Adecco and the legal entity which you represent, we may process your basic contact details (e.g. your name, surname, job position, company name, e-mail, and phone number) so far as necessary to carry out our joint business relationship. In that case, the processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest in maintaining and developing our business relationship and customer base, promoting our products, services, and customer loyalty programs. Generally, you cannot opt out of these sorts of communications which are not marketing-related but merely required for the relevant business relationship.
You may easily opt out of receiving any further marketing communications at any time. Simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt-out’ function at the bottom of the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and providing the following information: your name, your email address, a contact telephone number, the marketing communications you would like to opt out of receiving.
To facilitate our efficient use of your data, and to provide you with the best content and/or resources, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents. From time to time we engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf.
This category of third-parties includes:
[Supplier name], for [define the purpose]. This supplier is located in [●]
[Supplier name], for [define the purpose]. This supplier is located in [●]
Such recipients will only have access to data required by them to perform their functions and are not permitted to use such data for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To other entities belonging to The Adecco Group (i.e. any companies directly or indirectly controlled by Adecco Group AG), including their suppliers, contractors and agents, which may be involved in the provision of the Website or the content, so that we can better serve you or, simply, to give response to your requests (e.g. when you use contact or registration forms).
- To the entities: “Insead” with registered address at Boulevard de Constance, 77305 Fontainbleau Cedex, France and “Tata Communications Limited” with registered address at VSB, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 001, India, as co-organiser of Global Talent Competitiveness Index event to the extend both entities need to access to that information as part of their functions.
- To government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under an obligation to do so.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you or any individual.
If your computer is shared by other people, we advise that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ option when that option is offered by the Website.
As explained in the “Sharing with third parties” paragraph above, we share your personal information with the following:
- Third party suppliers, contractors or agents: where we use a third party supplier, contractor or agent, your personal information remains under our control and we have controls in place to ensure your personal information is adequately protected.
- To the entities “Insead” with registered address at Boulevard de Constance, 77305 Fontainbleau Cedex, France and “Tata Communications Limited” with registered address at VSB, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 001, India.
- Other companies in the Adecco Group: we have entered into a groupwide arrangement to ensure your personal information continues to be subject to an adequate level of protection.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Your personal information can be transferred and processed in one or more other countries outside of Switzerland. We shall only transfer your data outside Switzerland to countries which provide adequate level of data protection as defined by Swiss data protection law, or where the Adecco Group has put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information but only for the limited purposes and in accordance with the principles set out herein. Those countries include the France and India.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfer, storing and processing outside of Switzerland.
Although we will do our best to protect your data, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information. In some limited circumstances, you also have the right to request portability of your personal information.
- Right to correct your personal information: If you can demonstrate that the personal information we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may make such a request at any time and Adecco will evaluate if your request should be granted, however this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, Adecco will do so without undue delay.
- Right to restrict or object to the processing of your data: In certain circumstances you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal information, or to object on certain processing thereof on grounds relating to your particular situation.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To the extent our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such withdrawal.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the data protection authority of the Member State of your habitual residence, of your place of work, or of an alleged infringement of your rights).
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. We shall publish any material changes to this Policy through appropriate notices either on this website or contacting you using other communication channels.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to to Adecco Group AG, Bellerivestrasse 30, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland, or to email@example.com
You can request a copy of mechanisms relating to a specific transfer of your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.com.